Monday, November 19, 2007

Los Angeles, day one.

Chad, Rob and I took a quick dash over the ocean for a little video show, no big whoop.
Skateboarding on the first day went down quick, straight from the airport to the Hurley warehouse in Costa Mesa.
Rob had his board wrapped up like he was trying to get on the bus back in 1989.


Chad stood tall on this diesel bank to ledge.

Rob rocking out at 8 in the morning after an all-night flight.

Why the fuck am I doing this? I haven't even slept yet.

This shit is super diesel.

Rob kickflipped up the Euro trash gap and then stared at it.

Then it was time for the product.

Let's just say we came up on some free-ninety-free type of shit.

Then over to RVCA.

Or is it Ruca?

Whatever. Ed was there in spirit.

Chad stood next to the scariest shit there.

Then he stood on something a bit more manageable.

Rob's frontside disaster was like Dave Chappelle screaming "I'M SWITCH, BITCH!!!!!"

I fully support any and all painted devils with wings and hooves.

We got up on the guardrail.

My man hooked up some frozen pineapple concoction for uno dinero.

After our drive down south, we headed back up to the big city and ended up at Supreme on Fairfax. Mike Carroll was there with Alex Olson watching the Habitat video, so I felt super awkward about bringing my skateboard into the store so that we could skate the bowl upstairs. We decided to walk around Fairfax and peep out some other shit like the Diamond store and Sal Barbier's spot SLB. When we came back those dudes were breaking out, so me and Chad got our boards and ran up the stairs to skate the bowl. No pictures was the rule last time Chad skated there, so I was reluctant to pull out the digi and start snapping flicks. It just felt super weird, like someone was watching us and going to yell at us for shooting pics. Then Patrick O'Dell from Epicly Later'd showed up, and the dude wasn't taking pictures either, the dude was there to skate! I didn't realize that the guy was such a shredder. He kinda killed it. Chad had called Atiba to meet us there, and he soon showed up with Mark Razo, Tino's brother who runs the Verte' clothing line. So we're all kicking it and only me and Chad are skating the bowl. Jerry Hsu was downstairs watching the Habitat video with Jimmy Gorecki, and all of a sudden a huge posse of dudes comes into the store. Its like a full Anti-Hero mob. Tony Trujillo, Frank Gerwer, Max Schaaf and some other cats came upstairs with their boards, but only Tony T. skated. I was like, fuck should I just barge it and start taking photos of this fucking dude? He's absolutely killing the bowl with no warmup whatsoever, and I just decided that photos wouldn't do the bowl justice and I didn't want to kook it either, so I just kept skating. Tony T. fucking destroyed it! Shit was mesmerizing. Oh well.

There's actually a live camera pointing at the bowl at all times and after the store closed they played the footage on the screens that face the sidewalk. Javier Nunez was fucking pummelling the bowl all night. Little Javier ain't so little anymore.

Ended the night at Target. Atiba shopping for essentials, and by essentials I mean video game shit.

No comments: